Rebecca practises corporate law with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and private equity. Rebecca has experience in both public and private M&A and corporate finance transactions, and works with a number of start-up clients.
Rebecca has worked with clients in a range of sectors, including technology, asset management and cannabis.
Firm mandates that Rebecca has been involved with include:
- Acquisition of Baffin by Canada Goose for $32.5 Million
- Framework Ventures Partners launch of $150 Million venture capital fund
- Acquisition of Dixie Electric by Motorcar Parts of America
- Acquisition of Hiku Brands by Canopy Growth Corporation valued at over $540 Million
- Real Matters Inc. IPO valued at $1.13 Billion
- Starlight U.S. Multi-Family (No. 1) Value-Add Fund $86 Million IPO
Prior to joining the firm, Rebecca worked in the legal department of one of Canada’s largest investment fund companies and also worked as a researcher for a mergers and acquisitions boutique in Toronto.
Rebecca received her J.D. from Queen’s University, where she received course prizes for attaining the highest standing in both Corporate Finance and Contested Transactions. Rebecca also completed a program in International Business Law at Herstmonceux Castle in England. Rebecca has also completed the Canadian Securities Course.
Rebecca is a supervising lawyer with the Osgoode Venture Capital Clinic which provides legal services to early stage entrepreneurial ventures in the financing and equity structuring stages of growth.
Rebecca was also featured as a presenter in a video series for Dragons’ Den focussing on legal tips for entrepreneurs.