Wildeboer Dellelce LLP provides a comprehensive yet scalable approach to the delivery of blue-chip legal services in a start-up friendly, menu-driven model well suited to emerging and growth-stage companies in Canada and the United States, especially in high-growth sectors such as technology, cannabis, blockchain and fintech.
Services We Provide to start-up and early stage companies
- Business Formation
- Incorporation and organization of your business, structuring advice, registrations and filings; standard shareholders’ agreements and corporate constating documents.
- Employment and Intellectual Property
- Standard offer letter and employment/consulting agreements, intellectual property ownership issues, non-disclosure agreements, non-competition and related issues.
- Commercial Agreements
- Standard technology licensing, distribution and services agreements.
- Review of licensing, banking, leasing and other third-party agreements.
- Start-up and Angel Investments
- Term sheets, share subscription agreements, securities law compliance, employee incentive plans and shareholder related issues.
- Dealer and Funding Network
- Financing structuring advice and introductions.
Additional Experience with Entrepreneurs and Start-Ups
For the past 5 years, Wildeboer Dellelce has partnered with the Osgoode Venture Capital Clinical Project (OVC). The Clinic has worked with almost 100 early stage entrepreneurial ventures in the financing and equity structuring stages of growth. Osgoode Students work as caseworkers directly with lawyers from Wildeboer Dellelce LLP advising on legal tasks such as incorporations, corporate structuring/restructuring, drafting agreements, development of financing strategies and various other tasks associated with early-stage business ventures. For more information on the program or how you can apply to be a client, click here.
We are also the exclusive provider of legal services to CBC’s hit reality TV show Dragons’ Den and worked with the Dragons' Den to produce 5 five part video series “LawTIPS” on how to start a business from a legal perspective. The series focuses on securing finances, tax, shareholders’ agreements, intellectual property and employment.
In 2017, the firm contributed to LexisNexis's Startup Law 101. This practical guide identifies key legal issues and considerations necessary for startups to succeed.
For more information on our Emerging Companies & Venture Capital Practice Area or to speak with us regarding any of your business law needs, please contact any of the contacts listed BELOW, or call us at 1 866 WILDLAW (945 3529).
Rory Cattanach at email@example.com or 416 361 4766
Geoffrey Cher at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416 361 4793
Rebecca Cochrane at email@example.com or 416 361 6174
Ragu Anantharajah at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416 361 6171
Carlye Bellavia at email@example.com or 416 361 5898
Alexandra Meffe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416 361 2933
Michael Rennie at email@example.com or 416 361 4781
Patricia Good at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416 847 6915